Join us for our Annual General Meeting on Tuesday, September 28th!
We're pleased to welcome Hon. Nicholas Simons, Powell River MLA and Minister of Social Development and Poverty Reduction, as our guest speaker for the evening!
Date: Tuesday, September 28th, 2021
Time: Dinner at 5:00 pm, Meeting starts at 6:30 pm
Location: The ARC Community Event Centre (7055 Alberni St.), with virtual Zoom attendance option.
Our Annual General Meeting is open to everyone, though only members in good standing may vote.
While the cut-off for this year’s meeting has passed, click here to sign up for our 2021-2022 membership cycle.
See below for our AGM Package, including agenda, audited financial statements, and proposed resolution.
Registration is required. Please click on the appropriate button below.
Please note that following Covid-19 protocols, in-person capacity is limited and will follow provincial proof of vaccination and mask mandates as applicable on the date of the event.
Click here for our AGM Package, which includes the agenda, our audited financial statements and proposed resolutions.
- 6:30 pm – Call the meeting to Order, review of Standing Rules and Approval of Agenda
- 6:35 pm – Special Guest Speaker: Hon. Nicholas Simons, MLA
- 7:00 pm – Approval of the Minutes of Previous AGM September 24, 2020
- 7:10 pm – Business Arising from the Minutes
- 7:15 pm – Auditor’s Report: Paul Fripp, Auditor for inclusion Powell River Society, BDO, Presents the Audited Financial Statements for March 31, 2021
- Treasurer: Resolution to accept the audited financial statements
- Resolution to appoint auditors for the 2021/2022 fiscal year
- 7:45 pm – Borrowing Resolution presented by Treasurer of the Board of Directors*
- 7:50 pm – Governance Policy Changes for approval
- 8:05 pm – President’s Report
- 8:15 pm – Chief Executive Officer’s Report
- 8:30 pm – Nominating Committee Report and Election of Board of Directors as required
- 8:45 pm – Adjournment
If you have any questions, including questions about your membership status, please contact us at 604-223-8253 or email@example.com.