What’s new in SCD…
Follow our blog of news, events and tips from our knowledgeable and experienced team
Keep reading to learn more about our program
Supported Child Development Program
Supported Child Development (SCD) is designed to specifically meet the needs of children with special needs. Coordinators assist families to access inclusive child development opportunities in community preschools or childcare settings. Then they arrange for support in these settings to ensure children have successful experiences.
- Provide individualized planning to promote each child’s development
- Offer activities at the level that all children will enjoy
- Offer stimulating activities to support all areas of a child’s development in a fun and engaging way
- Partner with child care staff in providing activities and strategies that support successful experiences for all children
- Make referrals to other services such as physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech and language pathology, youth and family services and other specialists
- Support preschool aged children through the transition to kindergarten
Who is it for?
This program serves children and youth from birth to 12 years.
Youth 13 to 19 are served on a case by case basis.
Where is it located?
This service operates out of The Cranberry Child Development and Family Resource Centre.
Support Workers provide direct support within the preschool or child care setting where each child attends.
How do I access?
Referrals to this service can be made by self referral or by any other professional resource.
For more information please call 604 483 4042, or e-mail SCD@pracl.ca