Membership in inclusion Powell River Expresses Your Values
By becoming a member of inclusion Powell River, you show that your beliefs and values about people with disabilities means more than just “talking the talk”.
And “to foster a safe, inclusive community where everyone belongs.” is more than a mission statement for inclusion Powell River. It is the core belief and intention of the work we do every day. Our members are an active, essential part of that work.
inclusion Powell River has over 60 years of working with individuals with developmental disabilities and their families. We are CARF accredited and hold contracts with government ministries to provide services and supports for children and adults with developmental disabilities.
Over the years, we have supported children, adults and their families to, among other things:
- Receive valuable family centred services & therapeutic supports that help them reach their potential;
- Transition to lifelong services when needed;
- Get the education and access to services they are entitled to;
- Become self-advocates and participate in the local and provincial self-advocacy movement;
- Find work and opportunities to volunteer in the community;
- Take part in community activities;
- Create friendships and other positive relationships with other members of the community; and
- Live a happy and fulfilled life
Since 2014, we have been supporting seniors so they can stay in their own homes through the “Better at Home” program. As well, inclusion Powell River educates our staff and community about best practices in the field.
Your $5.00 membership gives you voting privileges at our general membership meetings and helps inclusion Powell River with initiatives such as our Wish Fund and other fundraising projects.
Members are fundamental to the success of inclusion Powell River. Your belief in the work we do and the rights of people with disabilities makes a huge difference in what we can accomplish now and plan for in the future. Please become a member today and together we will continue to push the boundaries for full acceptance and inclusion of the people we serve.