Kids Meet a Woman with Down Syndrome
Tangled Art + Disability is a registered charitable organization dedicated to enhancing opportunities for artists with disabilities to contribute to the cultural fabric of our society by:
- Showcasing and promoting artists with disabilities from visual, performing, media arts, film and integrated art forms
- Engaging and inspiring young people with disabilities to explore and embrace their own creative talent
- Fostering partnerships and collaborations that enhance opportunities for artists with disabilities to practice and share their work with a wider public
- Providing accessible professional development and networking opportunities
- Building an inclusive arts and culture sector so that everyone can appreciate the abundance of art our society has to offer
Since 2003, Abilities Arts Festival now named Tangled Art + Disability has produced nine annual festivals, employing hundreds of artists with disabilities and welcoming audiences in the tens of thousands.
In 2011, we responded to the growing demand for professional development with a new series of workshops, master classes and seminars. We plan to launch our second decade, in 2012, with Canada’s first artist-in-residence program for artists with disabilities.
We offer the majority of our events for free or at very low cost, in order to ensure the widest possible reach. And, of course, all of our events are fully accessible.
“Engaging, entertaining, unexpected.”
What does it mean to flourish? These artists with disabilities are dismantling assumptions. Follow the CBC link for the full story.
Awesome Rad Christmas Craft Fair.
The most excellent gifts for the holiday season!
Only $30 a table
Concession by the Self Advocates
Doors open at 10 am
Vendors can sign up right here on Facebook-Private Message
or call Jenn 604.483.8468
The ARC(Arts, Recreation and Cultural) Community Event Centre has a wonderful event coming this Oct. and tickets are on sale now!!
Tickets are available at the main office 201-4675 Marine Ave or call 604-483-8468
On Thursday, August 23rd inclusion Powell River celebrated the new Rotary Inclusion Garden behind the ARC Community Event Centre. Thanks to the Rotary Club of Powell River, the ARC has a beautiful new space for clients, their families and staff. The work began in March of this year and has culminated into a beautiful space that we are proud to call our own and a wonderful Garden Party was held to celebrate. Thank you to Springtime Garden Centre for the plants they so graciously donated for the garden. We can also include the garden in the ARC rentals should the space be requested. Thank you, Rotary Club of Powell River for the garden and all the work you do in our community!